In 2007, the Leadership Team was created for both development of leadership for the organization and to give members the experience of working on the ACO board without making a full two year commitment—a sort of a junior board position. ACO members who have shown interest and initiative are identified and invited by the Board of Directors to participate.
Terms run from January through June and from July through December—just 6-months. Team members attend board meetings and participate in discussions. They pitch in when they see something that needs doing and that is a good fit for their interests, skills, and availability.
Some Leadership Team members have gone on to take full board positions. Some take initiative for a task that they make their own and continue to take responsibility for. Some work on committees, or are just available for the occasional task when their particular expertise is a good fit.
Most of our current board members started out on the Leadership Team. They’ve said things like, “This is the best run organization I’ve ever participated in,” and “I learned so much about how to get things done in a group!”
Here’s what you get as a member of the Leadership Team:
- a chance to be part of the weekly decision making for your professional membership organization
- a chance to develop skills that can benefit you now and in the future
- national and international level opportunities that can benefit your career
- a ready-made team to inspire you if you’re feeling isolated in your professional life
- the satisfaction of doing something worthwhile with like minded people
- and, it’s just plain fun!
Current Leadership Team—Serving for the second half of 2013
||Dana Rayburn, SAC, ACT, has been coaching ADHD adults since 1998. She received her ADHD coach certification through the Optimal Functioning Institute and her Life Coaching Certification through Coach U. Dana came to ADHD coaching from her eight years as a professional organizer. Prior to that she was a systems analyst for a large corporation. With a B.S. in Business Administration combined with her coach training, organizing, and work experience, Dana brings a wealth of knowledge to her clients, most of whom are ADHD small business owners and professionals determined to live more successful and effortless lives.
Read more about Dana Rayburn here
|Dema Stout||Dema Stout, MA, PCC, BCC, CPCC , has a Master’s degree in Education from West Virginia College of Graduate Studies. Her coach training is from Coaches Training Institute plus ADHD-specific training from JST Coaching, LLC. She is also a graduate of CTI’s Leadership program, and is a Certified Special Education teacher. She holds the designation of Professional Certified Coach through the International Coach Federation and the Board Certified Coach credential. Additionally, she is an Advanced Trainer in The Nurtured Heart Approach®, which greatly influences her coaching style, recognizing and building on each client’s inherent strengths and Greatness. Dema coaches families of children with ADHD, students and adults. Her daughter has AD/HD and is now a successful insurance professional. Dema has special interest in coaching students with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Previously, Dema was the Director of Developmental Support for a California-based foster family agency, and National Director of Training for VOCA Corporation. In these capacities, she has presented for numerous local, state and national conferences. She also has been an entrepreneur, owning two Curves Fitness franchises. She has been an ACO member for four years.
Read more about Dema Stout here
|Tracey Bromley Goodwin||Tracey Bromley Goodwin, M.Ed, ADHD Coach has been working with children, teens, parents and teachers for over twenty years. She has been in private practice coaching children and teens diagnosed with ADHD and their families for the last twelve years. She co-owns Navigating ADHD, Inc. on Cape Cod. Navigating ADHD, Inc. is a learning and support center that offers ADHD Coaching, Art Therapy and Mental Health Counseling, Parent Support and Professional Development Training. Tracey is the proud recipient of the Mom’s Choice Award for Navigating ADHD: Your Guide to the Flip Side of ADHD; a book written for parents and teachers. Tracey has appeared on Fox News, NBC’s Morning Edition and other local programming.
Read more about Tracey Bromley Goodwin here
Previous Leadership Team Members
- 2013, Fall: Jonathan Salem, Mary Smith, Dema Stout
- 2013, Spring: Virginia Hurley, Miriam Reiss, Abigail Wurf
- 2012, Fall: None
- 2012, Spring: Terry Dickson
- 2011, Fall: None
- 2011, Spring: Kricket Harrison and Laura Rolands
- 2010, Fall: Susan MacIntosh, Paula Altschul, Chuck Blocher, Kricket Harrison
- 2010, Spring: Harriet Steinberg, Paula Altschul, Susan Macintosh
- 2009, Fall: Rudy Rodriguez, Kay Axtell, Laurie Moore Skillings, Maureen Nolan, Harriet Steinberg
- 2009, Spring: Joyce Kubik, Nan Daley, Linda Roggli, Rudy Rodriguez
- 2008, Fall: Tara McGillicuddy, Viv Monahan, Pat Wood, Katherine Jahnke, Robb Garrett
- 2008, Spring: Lyn Purpura, Maureen Nolan
- 2007, Inaugural Leadership Team: Gayla Wilson, Diane Ladd