The Board Report is a regular feature of Circle. Every issue we fill you in on various things the board has been working on recently. We invite your comments and participation. If you’ve got a question or observation, feel free to contact any member of the board.
It’s been a while since we published a board report. In recent months the Board of the ACO:
- Moved our membership list serve to email@example.com and created a list serve policy. Leadership team member Katherine Jahnke has agreed to be list serve moderator.
- Moved our website to a blog format in order to more easily distribute responsibility for developing and maintaining content. This was a HerculeanÂ effort, but will soon pay bigÂ dividends in terms of ease of management.
- Added Robb Garrett to the Leadership Team and then appointed him to the Board of Directors. He is chair of the Marketing and PR Committee for the ACO.
- Gayla Wilson, who was chair of the Marketing and PR Committee, has resigned from the Board to pursue other responsibilities.
- Nominations Committee prepared a slate of candidates for this month’s election. Positions to be voted on in this election include VP, Treasurer, Membership Services, and Communications.
- Shire Pharmaceuticals launched a series of public service announcements starting the end of October. The ACO is one of just three other resources they are directing viewers and listeners to.
- Got started on the 2009 ACO Conference. the RFP has been posted and proposals are due this month.