ACO professional member, Mindy Katz, and ACO Professional Advisor Board Member, Terry Matlen, were interviewed by PsychCentral’s associate editor, Margarita Tartakovsky, on the topic of how to make good decisions when you have ADHD. You can read the article here: Adults & ADHD: 8 Tips to Make Good Decisions.
Margarita Tartakovsky frequently writes excellent articles on ADHD for PsychCentral’s World of Psychology, which is the Internet’s longest running psychology and mental health blog. Our thanks to her for her good work in helping to educate the public with accurate information about ADHD.
An Additional Bit of Good News
Every month the Journal of Attention Disorders notes their 50 most viewed articles. In December 2013, two of the top 50 were articles on coaching, and there are only seven articles that mention coaching in the entire JAD!
In case you’re curious, the articles were:
- Murphy, K., Ratey, N., Maynard, S., Sussman, S., and Wright, S. (2010). Coaching for ADHD. JAD March 2010 13: 546-552, first published on August 25, 2009. http://jad.sagepub.com/content/13/5/546.full.pdf+html
- Kubik, J. A. (2009). Efficacy of ADHD Coaching for Adults With ADHD. JAD March 2010 13: 442-453, first published on March 10, 2009. http://jad.sagepub.com/content/13/5/442.full.pdf+html
So ADHD Coaching Research is a topic of interest to more than just the ACO. If you are interested in learning more and perhaps getting involved in conducting research, please contact our Research Committee Chair at email@example.com.
By the way, are you a coach in the news?
– Has there been a print article about you somewhere?
– Were you on the TV or radio?
– Are you speaking someplace?
Let the rest of us know. Inspire us to do similar things in our own communities and let us celebrate your success with you!
Send us the info here.