Thank you for your interest!
The deadline for proposals has passed.
EVENT: 2018 Annual International Conference on ADHD
DATE: November 8-11, 2018
LOCATION: Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch, St. Louis, MO
Prior to starting your submission, please gather the following information:
- 1. A CV or resume
- 2. A short bio (in narrative form of 200 words or less for website)
- 3. A bio for the program book and conference app (200 words)
- 4. A short description of session (3-5 sentences for website)
- 5. Abstract (500 words or less)
- 6. Five (5) learning objectives for your session
- 7. A head shot photo (high resolution preferred)
*Incomplete submissions will not be considered
Conference Presentation Submissions
General Submission Requirements
- • Appropriateness of subject matter(relevance to the goals of the conference as outlined in this call for papers)
- • An understanding of the context of the presentation(its relationship to current research and an understanding about the diagnosis and treatment of ADHD)
- • Potential for facilitating an ongoing exchange about issues related to ADHD by individuals with different experiences and viewpoints
- • Increasing understanding of the disorder and its impact among spouses, families, and the public
- • Where appropriate, soundness of research design, methodology, and data analysis.
If your abstract is chosen, these guidelines will apply:
- • Persons whose presentations are accepted must participate at the time scheduled by the conference program committee.
- • Submission of the proposal indicates agreement that Annual International ADHD Conference Committee may record the presentation. Recordings are made available for purchase after the conference.
- • Presenters will be supplied with standard audiovisual equipment (LCD projector, podium, wired microphone, screen, and adapter).
- • Handouts are required for all presentations. Presenters must provide handouts to the conference department by August 1, 2018, for them to be included in the online conference program and in the conference app. Handouts should be provided electronically in Word or PowerPoint (please convert your PowerPoint to handout format). Handouts received after the August 1 deadline will not be included on the conference website or in the conference app, and may affect future consideration of submissions.
Abstracts must be received by March 15, 2018. Notification will be made in April.
Scientific Research Posters
Research in the area of ADHD related to specific topics of etiology, epidemiology, and social, familial, medical, and educational matters will be presented in a research poster session. Abstracts will be selected by a panel of reviewers based on scientific merit as well as on space limitations and the need for a balance of topics.
- • Abstracts that describe actual empirical research are preferred.
- • Abstracts should be no longer than 500 words and contain background information of those who will be presenting the poster at the conference.
Research poster abstracts must be received by June 1, 2018. Only online submissions will be considered.
Graduate Students Research Award
An abstract submitted by a graduate student which represents his or her primary efforts will be selected for a special research award. The winner of this award will receive a complimentary conference registration.
If you are interested in being considered for this award, please mark your abstract “Research Award Submission.”
Research Award abstracts must be received by June 1, 2018. Only online submissions will be considered.
As employers, parents, educators, and healthcare providers become more aware of the needs of adults and children with ADHD and their families, they are finding extremely creative ways of addressing these needs. Such efforts include developing new and innovative programs, modifying existing programs, accommodating the needs of the person with ADHD through individually designed working and learning environments that accommodate his or her special needs, and developing company- and community-wide collaborative models.
Individuals representing a wide array of innovative programs and services will be on hand to share information with conference attendees.
Innovative Program abstracts must be received by June 1, 2018. Only online submissions will be considered.