Standards and Expectations
Standards and Expectations For Members
of the ADHD Coaches Organization (ACO)
In Becoming a Member of the ACO, You Agree To:
- Abide by the ACO’s bylaws and policies.
- Abide by the ACO’s values, vision and mission.
- Abide by the ACO’s definitions of ADHD coaches and coaching.
- Abide by the professional requirements and ethical standards of your own certifying body.
- Provide honest and accurate representation of your education, certifications, affiliations, professional experience, background, and services in all your communications with the ACO and the public.
- Use the ACO’s logo and your affiliation with the ACO only in accordance with the ACO’s branding policy, which is that individuals may not use their affiliation with the ACO, or the ACO’s name or logo, to promote positions antithetical to the ACO’s values, vision, mission, or definitions of ADHD Coaches and Coaching.
- Be a good member of the ACO Community by:
- Adhering to the ACO’s list serve Netiquette policy.
- Conducting yourself professionally and respectfully in all ACO-related venues (email, online, on the phone) and at all ACO-related events (conferences, etc.) by using socially appropriate, respectful language and behavior at all times. Behaviors such as slandering, harassing, threatening, or harming anyone will not be tolerated.
- Respecting the privacy of other members by not sharing their contact information or marketing to them without their express permission. Spamming members will not be tolerated.
- Reposting/reprinting other member’s original content with proper attribution or permission only. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.
- Honoring all financial commitments made to the ACO.
The ACO reserves the right to suspend or revoke an individual’s membership privileges and/or membership should that member be found to be in violation of the above code of Standards and Expectations. If you have a concern regarding a member, or former member, of the ACO and these Standards and Expectations, or simply have a question about them, contact the ACO by clicking here.