Happy October everyone. As we ‘sink into’ fall and the weather is starting to turn, we have much of consequence going on at the ACO that is very exciting to me. I thought that this month I would share some of those things with all of you.
- One of my significant excitements is our upcoming Conference 2011, ‘Coaches Called to Courage’ in April 2011. Our co-chairs, Viv Monahan and Susan Macintosh (who is also doing a fantastic job as our new PR and Marketing Chair) and their many volunteer support members have been making extraordinary strides towards both a very exciting and full (our expected goal is 100 attendees) conference.
- We will have three concurrent sessions daily with a phenomenal keynote speaker in Gregg Krech from the ToDo Institute of Vermont. If you are called to be a 2011 conference speaker, the Request For Proposal is now available online and is due November 22nd, 2010! Go here to register for the conference.
- Also, it is the time of year when the standing Board looks for individuals to nominate to be involved in all the organization’s excitement from the perspective of participating on our Board of Directors. This is a particularly engaging and active way to be involved. We are currently looking for a few different positions including someone to serve as Treasurer. If you have an interest in playing with us, please contact Sarah Wright, our Past President and Nominations Chair for more info. You may reach her at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-436-8766.
- I’d like to celebrate the work of and what our Membership Chair and committee is up to! Kay Axtell and crew are making enormous strides toward both an amazing job of engaging our new members and old alike, as well as connecting with and growing our International community!
- I’d also like to celebrate the work of our Programs and Benefits Chair and committee. Joyce Kubik and her committee are doing a great job of supporting our continuing education programs through the Expert Speaker Series (ESS) as well as our ACCE programs. Look for a couple of new programs after the first of the year!
Lastly, and certainly not least, I want to celebrate you, our community member who is creating the validity and viability of our profession every day. We, as the Board are so grateful for your contributions and energy. Thank you for contributing you!