Does the ACO renewal process confuse you?
Since 2006, ACO membership renewals have been due on the first of the year. (And, hey, that’s coming up very, very soon!)
If you paid dues at any time in 2010, you’re only paid up ONLY thru January 1, 2011.
New members got a prorated deal. And people who were members the previous year, but didn’t pay ’til sometime mid-2010, are still only paid up ’til January 1, 2011. We didn’t strip their names from the database until July. So, paid or not, you got the benefits of membership.
In the office, there has been a complicated process of having new members join at a prorated amount based on the quarter they joined. And at the end of the year, there is another complicated process of tracking who’s paid up and who’s not and then removing people who missed the deadline—or forgetting to and giving away ACO benefits!
Get control of your calendar!
There is a new automatic renewal option for paying your ACO dues
You can now choose to one of three payment options:
- You can choose to automatically renew membership annually without hassle. Set up automatic annual renewals—every 365 days.
- You can choose to automatically renew membership quarterly—every 90 days. Pay just 1/4 of the total yearly dues every three months. For professionals this is just $30. For Associates just $15!
- Current members can pay annually like you do now.
If you elect any automatic payments, you will receive a receipt for your payment at the time that your card is charged. But currently we are unable to send a reminder before that date.
However, don’t panic!
If you decide to leave us, just let us know within 15 days after payment. We’ll happily refund your money.
Here’s what to do
Members log on. Then click on the link to renew and make your choice!
New members will have the choice of options when they join.
- Currently PayPal payments can not be used for recurring payments.
- The ACO is no longer accepting international checks as payment for services.
- And starting January 1, 2012 we will no longer accept any checks.
We feel blessed to have such an active, enthusiastic membership and look forward to the next year with you as a member in this vital, growing organization.
My best regards to you all,
Kay Axtell, MA, SCAC
Membership Services Chair, ACO
In case there are any snags—if you have any trouble with this process, please email email@example.com